Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Unique View

I've decided to use this blog to write about my unique views as a single mom. How I deal with the day to day issues.

I was excited to have three days off in a row. Christmas season is over and all the other co-workers are back from vacation, so my days off lined up just right. I decided to take Kari to see her daddy, grandma, uncle and aunt in Crystal River, Florida. (which is the coldest few days of the year). Just packing for this trip was hard, I had to buy her a winter coat, and a couple of sweaters. It got cold here. I moved to Florida because it didn't get this cold but 28 degrees is cold. But that's besides the point. The trip started out hard.

We got to grandma's house around 1pm. We played until dad got home from work. We ate dinner, then dad went outside and hung out with the neighbor, while we sat inside. Why did I drive 2 hours to spend time with him, and he stayed out in the cold. Then Uncle Doug and Aunt Carol were cleaning, and getting ready for bed at 9pm and kept talking to Kari. My daughter didn't go to bed until after 10pm. But they don't understand she gets up at 6 every day and would still be getting up that early, but would be a grump all day long. They wouldn't be dealing with it, because they all go to work. They leave that lovely little girl tired and a pain in the butt, to me. But they sure didn't want us to leave, so they promised to be better. I have to say tonight she went to bed a whole lot earlier. (Yeah) I know they don't spend much time with babies, but they did once have kids, they should know how important schedules for little ones are.

We're headed home tomorrow. We're going to leave a little earlier than we normally do. It's cold outside and I want to get home before it gets dark, and even colder. I want Kari to go to bed on time, since I have to work Friday morning. I'm grateful to spend time with her family, but sometimes I wonder if it's worth all the bother. They don't come and visit us. It's always Kari and I doing the driving, spending the money, and loosing sleep. They stay in the lives and we just butt in for a little while.

2 comments:

  1. its such a toss up, I wouldn't do it but then again I have never been put in your shoes so I really can't say on this one, its hard you want whats best for your baby any mother does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're staying in a motel this time. It's too hard if we don't.

    ReplyDelete